Upcoming LFC Events:
Hello LFC! We hope you’re doing well. We have some important updates to share with you.
First of all, we are continuing to work on our reopening plan. The next phase will begin on July 1, when club will be opening for group footwork only. Class sizes will be limited to 10 fencers (spread across both rooms), and we will offer two 30-minute slots per night, with a 30-minute cleaning break in between.
Monday/Wednesday: 7:00 – 7:30 p.m., 8:00 – 8:30 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 – 10:30 a.m., 11:00 – 11:30 a.m.
You can sign up for classes here: https://www.lincolnfencing.com/events/
Payment for footwork classes will be done via floor fees, at $10/session. (If you prefer to pay your standard monthly dues, that is welcome as well, just let us know.) If you will miss a class you’ve signed up for, please email email@example.com at least two hours in advance so that someone else can take that spot.
We ask that you follow all guidelines we’ve previously set out:
– Wear a mask when you will be around others. We have some extra disposable masks if you need one.
– If you or someone you live with have experienced a fever, cough, loss of smell/taste, sore throat, or other COVID-19 symptoms within the past 10 days, stay home.
– If you or someone you live with have been exposed to COVID-19, or have been asked to self-isolate, stay home.
– All persons must take their temperature at home immediately prior to coming to club; if your temperature is 99.9 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, stay home.
– All persons must stay at least 6 feet away from everyone else. This means no free fencing, because as we all know, we can’t guarantee that everyone will keep good distance.
– Use your own gear if you have it. If you need to borrow club gear, please sanitize it after use: wipe down masks, weapons, chest protectors and body cords with Lysol wipes, and place jackets and plastrons in a marked bin to be washed before the next use.
Second, in working with our partners at Cornhusker State Games, we have come to the conclusion that we will not be able to safely hold a fencing event for State Games in July. At this time, we are hoping to postpone the event until later this fall or winter.
Finally, in light of recent events in Lincoln, across the country, and within the USFA, we wish to reiterate LFC’s mission as an inclusive club that makes fencing available to all. We realize we have some work to do to ensure all feel welcome at our club, and hope each of our members will feel free to reach out at any time if you have any concerns. It is our intent to continue to work, as thoughtfully and respectfully as possible, to engage new members from across Lincoln. We welcome feedback and ideas from our current members on how best to do so.
Wishing all of you the best, and hoping to see you at club soon!
Your LFC Family
LFC will be hosting several tournaments next season. We will keep you posted on those dates and times:
Register at https://askfred.net/
Just a reminder, Membership fees are due within two weeks of receiving your invoice via email. We encourage the use of the online payment and registration system. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If Lincoln Public Schools are canceled because of weather, LFC will also be closed!
USA Fencing Membership Insurance Policy:
Due to a change in USA Fencing’s insurance policy, every fencer now has to be a member of USFA for our club to be insured. A non-competitive membership is available for only $10 for the year; the competitive rate is $70 for the year (they have eliminated the family discount). Please take a minute and fill out your USFA membership registration information online now. We will be checking every fencer’s USFA status before they are able to fence. http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Fencing/Membership/Individuals.aspx